The Lookout is a former wartime lookout post nestled on a hilltop 100 yards above the lighthouse enclosure with superb long-distance views up Kilbrannan Sound and across to Arran and Ailsa Craig.
This cottage is charming with many features retained from its time as a wartime Lookout. On the ground floor there is a cosy kitchen/sitting room with all modern amenities as well as a wood burning stove, providing the perfect setting for a peaceful break or romantic getaway.
A comfortable 5ft double bed is also on the ground floor with en-suite shower room and wc. On the 2nd floor there is a wonderful Observatory from which the outstanding views can be enjoyed through the resident telescope and guests can relax in the comfortable seating provided.
One of the original features retained is an internal ladder through a hatch joining the sitting room and the observatory upstairs (unsuitable for infirm or children). Leading off the observatory is a roof terrace which provides a wonderful place to sit on sunny days.
- Cosy living/dining-room with wood-burning stove
- Farmhouse-style kitchen area
- Double bedroom (5ft. bed) with electric blanket
- En-suite shower room/W.C.
- Observatory and sun terrace
- Duvets with linen included and beds made up for your arrival
- Please bring your own towels
- Unsuitable for children or the infirm
- Dogs welcome – but not in bedrooms & please keep on leads near sheep
- Natural spring water supply
- Shops 4 miles (basic emergency provisions available from caretaker)
- Sea-fishing & boat mooring free of charge
- Shared grounds of 160 acres
- Garden with furniture, telescope and Barbecue
- Shared walled lawns
- Parking nearby on mainland – free of charge
- Wood burning stove – initial fuel included, thereafter at cost
- Electric radiators and full convector heaters
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Microwave oven
- Plasma TV and DVD player
- Cot & high-chair (on request)